- One attribute that can be found in new media but not in more traditional media is the ability to mix varying mediums. A presentation can include audio, video, text, and pictures mixed together.
- Interactivity is the ability of users to affect content. An example is a comment section on a blog post. Viewers are able to add new information and thoughts by leaving comments on the existing blog post.
- Images and text are two types of media that can be used in a new media project.
- An artist and a designer use similar skills, but an artist creates works for presentation and a designer develops something utilitarian.
- A technology/visual communication system consists of three parts: the creation, which is how a digital image is created; the delivery, which is how a viewer receives an image; and the display, which is how the image is made visible to the viewer.
- Pixels are tiny dots on a screen that make up digital images.